At Atlantic Marine Communities, our number one priority is
always to provide safe and healthy homes, communities, and
workplaces. This commitment is increasingly vital in the face of
growing novel coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns. We are
committed to working in collaboration with our military partners to
enhance and coordinate communications and provide factual and
transparent information to our residents.
Resident Update - 6/1/2020
Dear Valued Residents:
AMC at Westover continues to monitor COVID-19 very closely. With the current positive news that the impact of COVID-19 is stabilizing and/or receding in our immediate area, we began transitioning our operations back toward a more normalized status last week. We continue to follow all federal, state and local guidelines in addition to working in conjunction with installation leadership.
Current aspects of operations include:
- Routine service orders (SOs) have resumed. While emergency and urgent SOs will remain the priority, we have re-commenced the scheduling and completion of routine SOs in non-quarantined homes. The currently aged and deferred routine SOs in non-quarantined homes are being re-integrated into the work-flow schedule for completion. If you have routine SOs to submit for completion, you may do so either via calling them in or through the Resident Portal or App. Please continue to call in emergency and urgent SOs through the Maintenance Hotline so our team can safely address them in a timely manner. Please do not use the Resident Portal or App to submit emergency and urgent work orders.
- Team members will continue to ask screening questions and social distancing practices during the scheduling and completion of SOs and other “in-home” activities.
- Community Offices remain open by appointment only. At the same
time, we will continue to provide the option to conduct some
operations virtually allowing you to choose your preference for
interacting with our teams.
- Move-ins, move-outs, move-overs and home showings using our social distancing practices and face mask requirements are available to be conducted “in-person” by appointment or can be completed virtually using our remote practices. The decision is yours.
- If you have been affected by stop movement (cancelled/extended orders, short orders) please contact your Community Office for assistance with your move-out process.
- You may continue to contact us via email, phone or through the Resident Portal.
- You are encouraged to use the Resident Portal for online rent payments, access to community forms and resources, to submit routine SOs and to check on the status of your SOs. We are temporarily waiving credit and debit card fees on payments completed through the Resident Portal through the month of June.
- Resident events will primarily remain virtual.
- Because we care about our residents and team members, social distancing guidelines, DoD face-covering guidance, enhanced personal protective equipment (PPE) and cleaning practices remain in place to prevent further spread of the virus. Our teams remain committed to following CDC and DoD direction and recommendations as our operations continue to transition to a more normalized state. At the same time, we ask for your cooperation as relates to practicing social distancing and the wearing of face coverings as well. Also, please understand that you are empowered to ask any team member to follow these protocols or to take additional steps for added protection if you are not comfortable with the safety of any situation.
- Other limited self-help items such as HVAC filters will continue to be delivered to your home upon request.
- We are happy to announce the re-opening of your community’s outdoor amenities including playgrounds managed by AMC at Westover as of May 28, 2020. The health and safety of our team members and residents remains our number one concern. The danger of exposure to COVID-19 still exists. Outdoor amenities (including playgrounds) are not monitored and by entering, you take responsibility for your and your family’s own protection while agreeing to follow CDC and DoD prevention guidance. The re-opening of the remaining interior and exterior community amenities including pools, exercise rooms, playrooms, etc. will occur in phases and generally in-sync with local installation and community guidelines related to the re-opening of public facilities. This may happen independently of other steps taken during this transition period.
We remain humbled by the opportunity to continue serving all our residents during these challenging times and appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we transition back to more normal operations.
Thank you for your continued commitment to keeping our community
safe and healthy.
The AMC at Westover Team
Trusted COVID-19 Resources
- Centers for Disease Control: Prevention & Treatment
- Westover Installation COVID-19 website
- Directory of Local Health Departments
- 6 Steps to Prevent COVID-19 (Video)
- COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- Stop the Spread of Germs
- COVID-19 Symptoms
- Steps to Help Prevent the Spread if You are Sick
- Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation - Know Your Situation
- Connect by WinnCompanies