Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resident Updates
At Atlantic Marine Communities, our number one
priority is always to provide safe and healthy homes, communities,
and workplaces. This commitment is increasingly vital in the face
of growing novel coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns. We are committed
to working in collaboration with our military partners to enhance
and coordinate communications and provide factual and transparent
information to our residents.
Resident Update - 6/25/21
Dear Valued Residents:
Atlantic Marine Communities at Westover continues to monitor COVID-19 very closely. We are optimistic that the increased availability of COVID-19 vaccines across the country will allow us to continue transitioning our operations back toward a more normalized status. We are monitoring installation Health Protection Conditions (HPCON), the percentage of resident homes classified as quarantine in the community, state, local and installation opening guidelines, and vaccination availability regularly. Beginning Monday June 28, 2021, the AMC at Westover community office will reopen to walk-in traffic with limited capacity and appropriate COVID-19 safety precautions.
We are excited to take this step and ask that you follow all posted guidelines when you are visiting the AMC at Westover office location.
- The office will have posted occupancy limits for waiting areas and visitors are asked to wait outside in the event the waiting area is at capacity. Check-in by phone is available in this situation. Residents that prefer to make an appointment are still invited to do so.
- Visitors are required to always follow current DoD mask guidance and social distancing. We will continue to conduct some operations virtually and allow customers to choose how they prefer to interact with our teams. We will conduct “in-person” move-ins, move-outs and home showings using our social distancing practices, or these actions can be completed virtually upon request using our remote practices.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures will remain in place including daily sanitation of all hard surfaces in community centers and offices. A professional cleaner will sanitize all indoor community areas and offices at least weekly.
- Wipes and hand sanitizer will be available in all indoor community areas.
- We will continue to waive fees for rental payments via credit or debit card on the Resident Portal at this time. This practice is reviewed on a monthly basis.
- The danger of exposure to COVID-19 still exists. By entering or using community amenities, you take responsibility for your own protection and agree to follow CDC prevention guidance and current DoD policies.
- Outdoor Amenities such as playgrounds, dog parks, basketball courts and skateparks are open or will open on the normal seasonal schedule.
- Multi-purpose room will reopen for resident use beginning June
28, 2021. Please follow all posted guidelines and contact
your community office for reservations and the full list of health
and safety procedures.
- Please comply with current DoD mask guidance and maintain social distancing whenever possible.
- Event size must not exceed the current CDC recommendations for public gatherings. Room capacity is posted.
- Wipe down tables and chairs before and after use for your protection using the disinfectant provided.
- We ask that you wash or sanitize your hands often. Hand-sanitizer dispensers are available for your use.
- All personal property must be removed from the room upon completion of the event.
- All trash must be bagged and placed in the marked area of the room.
- At this time the fitness rooms will not re-open.
As a reminder, do not enter the community office or amenities if
you have a fever, flu-like symptoms, a diminished sense of taste
and smell or have come in contact with someone who tested positive
for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Your health and safety are our top priorities, and we will continue to follow CDC and public health recommendations as we work through safely reinstating services in our communities. We urge you to remain vigilant and continue to follow the best practices that have brought us this far. We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we work together to keep our community safe and healthy.
The AMC at Westover Team
Trusted COVID-19 Resources
- Centers for Disease Control: Prevention & Treatment
- Westover Installation COVID-19 website
- Directory of Local Health Departments
Additional Resources and Prevention
- 6 Steps to Prevent COVID-19 (Video)
- COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- Stop the Spread of Germs
- COVID-19 Symptoms
- Steps to Help Prevent the Spread if You are Sick
- Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation - Know Your Situation
- Connect by WinnCompanies
Archive of COVID-19 Resident Updates