Located along the Connecticut River, Chicopee, MA
is home to Westover Reserve Base, built in 1940. Chicopee has many
local events, attractions and outdoor activities to include
swimming, fishing, jogging, and biking, to name a few! Check out
the list below to find out more:
The Big E: New England's largest fair, The Big E attracts more than 1.6 million visitors to West Springfield each September to enjoy entertainment, rides, shopping, foods and more.
Old Deerfield Craft Fair : held three times a year featuring 240 juried crafters, designers and artists, mixed media, ceramics, printmaking, jewelry, specialty foods, sculpture, fiber, photography, and woodworking.
Green River Music Festival: Western Massachusetts' signature summer event. For one weekend every July, Greenfield Community College hosts an outrageous celebration of world class music, great local food, beer and wine, a handmade craft fair, and lots of family games and activities. We top it all off with a spectacular Saturday night balloon glow.
Brimfield Antique Show: Held three times a year in May, July and September, this show is reported to be the largest outdoor antique show in the United States. Featuring 21 fields, and more than 5,000 dealers stretched along one mile of Route 20.
The Great New England Air Space Show: the air show brings the excitement of top aerobatic performers and vintage Warbirds to Westover Air Reserve Base in mid-July.
Chicopee Memorial State
Polish Center of Discovery Learning
Museum of Springfield History
Basketball Hall of Fame
The Amazing World of Dr Seuss Museum
The Zoo in Forest Park and Education Center
Titanic Historical Society Museum
Schools & Child Care
Contact the Airman and Family Readiness Center for childcare referrals at (413) 557-3024 or DSN 312-589-3024
Residents enjoy our playground, barbecue pavilion, basketball court and recreation room. Visit our Facebook page for a full list of free resident events!
Westover Air Reserve Base is the nation's largest Air Force Reserve base and is home to the Air Force's largest cargo aircraft, the C-5 Galaxy. More than 2,700 military and civilian workers are assigned to Westover's 439th Airlift Wing, a unit of the Air Force Reserve Command. For a list of helpful resources to begin your journey today, please see the following:Important Contacts:
- Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point Information and Referral Services: (252) 466-2811
- Customer Service (military IDs): 413-557-3874
- Visitor's Center/Vehicle Pass: 413-557-2012
- Airman & Family Readiness: 413-557-3024
- Base Exchange: 413-593-0232
- Clinic: 413-557-1111
- Legal Office: 413-557-3513
- Pass and ID: 413-557-2012
- Click here for more helpful resources on Westover Air Reserve Base.
Maps & Directions
Directions to Atlantic Marine Communities
From Westover Air Reserve Base 57 Patriot Ave, Chicopee, MA 01022
- Head west on Ellipse Dr toward Starlifter Ave.
- Turn right onto Monument Ave N.
- At the traffic circle, continue straight onto James St.
- Turn right onto Davis Rd.
- Turn right onto Stephens St.
- Turn left at the 1st cross street onto Outer Dr.
- Westover Leasing and Community Center located 10 Outer Dr Chicopee MA 01022